- October 2017 – Canadian Armed Force’s first female Muslim chaplain.
- April 2016 – Present Doctor of Ministry (Muslim Chaplaincy) 2016 Cohort, University of Toronto (Toronto School of Theology, Emmanuel College).
- May 2011 – 2014 Masters of Counselling Psychology, Athabasca University, Graduate Program in Applied Psychology. Awarded AU Graduate Level Student Bursary, 2013/14; Master’s Level Student Bursary, 2012/13; Emil Fredericks Endowment Graduate Student Scholarship 2012.
- Sept. 1988 – June 1993 M.A., McGill University, Institute of Islamic Studies. Dean’s Honour List.
- Sept. 1982 – April 1985 B.A. (Honours), Comparative Religion, McGill University, Department of
Religious Studies, First Class Honours, Faculty Scholar.
OTHER ASSOCIATIONS, ACTIVITIES, & TRAINING
- Registered Psychotherapist (RP, Qualifying), College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO). (Oct. 10, 2016—Present)
- Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) (October 2014—Present).
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA) Professional Member (May 2014—Present).
- Cornwall Interfaith Partnership (CIP), Chairperson since Aug. 2010. (August 2010—Present).
- Cordova Spiritual Education Centre (2013—present) Advisory Board Member.
- Spiritual Care Volunteer, Cornwall Community Hospital (March 2011—August 2016).
- Sexual Assault Support Services (SASS) for Women. Volunteer counsellor (March 2015—June 2016).
- D.&G. Social Development Council’s Poverty Working Group (CIP representative) (Sept. 2011—Sept. 2012).
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) (Nov. 2014).
- CCPA training, Trauma, PTSD & Healing in Military and Veteran Populations (Sept. 2016), Dr. T.Black.
- Mental Health Academy (2014—present). Certificates CBT; Helping Cope with Grief and Loss; Teaching Conflict Resolution Skills, Psychological First Aid, Helping Clients with Relationship Breakdowns.
- Online Training Initiative to Address Human Trafficking (Dec. 9, 2015).