OMA Sunday School
- Starts in mid September and ends in mid June the following year.
- Registration begins on the Sunday after the Labour Day week-end
- Classes are from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm. However, the school remains closed on major public holidays observed in Canada.
- Minimum age for entry is 6 years (by December 31 of the entry year).
- Minimum donation (currently $75 per year) goes towards the cost of school supplies, teaching aids and student functions. The teaching staff is on voluntary basis.
- Space is limited and registration is on ‘first come, first registered’ basis.
- Objectives of the course:
1. Islamic Studies: To provide basic understanding of Islamic Beliefs, Islamic Practices (Ibadat), the Seera of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and lessons from the stories of the Prophets in the Qur’an. Lessons on Ethics (Conduct and Behaviour) from the Qur’an and the Sunna of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Brief introduction to some early Muslim elders/leaders and to the World of Islam. Islamic Studies are covered in six different graduated levels (classes).
2. Qur’anic Arabic: The objective is to enable the students to gradually read the Qur’an properly. Qur’anic Arabic is currently covered in four different graduated levels, starting from ‘alif, baa taa’ to reading the Qur’an properly. Islamic Studies and Qur’anic Arabic both help in covering memorization and understanding with translation of the short Suras at the end of Part (juzz) 30 of the Qur’an. For questions, please contact: Akram Khan, Principal (613) 820-3865 Muazzam Orakzai, V. Principal (819) 777-1979.