OMA SUNDAY SCHOOL– Introduction
- Registration normally begins on the Sunday after the Labour Day week-end.
- School starts in mid-September and ends in mid-June the following year.
- Classes are from 9:30am to 1:00pm.
- The school remains closed on major public holidays observed in Canada.
- Minimum age for entry is 6 years (by December 31 of the school start year).
- The school asks for a minimum annual donation per student at registration time to cover the cost of school textbooks, consumable supplies, teaching aids, student functions and appreciation Awards. All the school staff is on voluntary basis.
- There are six (6) different graduated levels of studies plus a Primary/Entry Level.
- Islamic Studies (fundamentals of Islam) such as :
- Articles of Faith (Islamic Beliefs).
- 5 Pillars of Islam ((Islamic Ibadat: Shahada, Salah, Fasting, Zakah and Hajj).
- Lessons from the Quran, the Sunnah & Hadiths
- Seerah of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
- Stories of the Prophets and the lessons learned from it.
- The Moral Principles of the Religion of Islam.
The text books used for the Islamic Studies syllabus were prepared in 1985 by the Council of Muslim Communities of Canada for Muslim children.
- Quranic Arabic
- The objective of Quranic Arabic is to enable the students to gradually learn how to read the Qur’an with proper pronunciation in the six (6) graduated levels.
- Also, students in levels 5 and 6 learn the ‘Short Surahs’ at the end of Juz Amma with ‘word by word’ translation, meanings of the Ayahs and short tafsir of the Surah.
- Quranic Memorization
Students, in each of the six levels memorize four (4) prescribed Surahs. By the time of graduation, the students are expected to have memorized 4 Surahs foor each of the years in attendance at OMA Sunday School.
Click below for
For questions, please contact: Akram Khan, Principal (613) 820-3865 Muazzam Orakzai, V. Principal (819) 777-1979